Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ready or not, here I come

This is my first posting, so please be kind. I'm hoping that the first is the hardest - I've been angsting about it for more than a week. Clearly, I am prone to stage fright. I know there are already tons of knitting and/or fiber-related blogs, but here I am adding one more.

Why? I need more fiber friends. I'm calling this a fiber blog, although for the moment it will be primarily knitting-focused. But since I have the attention span of a gnat I am sure my other fiber-related obsessions will make rapid appearances.

I am a knitter/crocheter/seamstress/spinner/bead weaver. My resume (to bolster my fiber cred):
  • I've been knitting off and on for eons (well, since I was 12, anyway). I was a lapsed knitter for many years, but about 3 years ago I picked up my needles with a vengeance.
  • I learned to crochet when I was 5.
  • I completed my first solo sewing project (a robe for my sister) when I was 9.
  • I learned to use a drop spindle about 10 months ago and have been spinning (badly, I might add) ever since.
  • I've been messing around with beads almost since I can remember (my sister took me to my first bead shop when I was 3). I started using off-loom weaving techniques (i.e. peyote, brick, etc.) about 10 years ago.
So that's my fiber life in a nutshell. I guess I'm starting this blog because I want people with whom to share my triumphs and tribulations. People who will relate to my strange yarn and textile fixations. Kindred souls who understand my insatiable craving for just one more skein/ball/hank/yard..... So, welcome to my world.

No comments: